Thursday, July 9, 2009

Coming Soon!!

Things are about to get exciting for our new group! To be honest, it's all falling into place better than I could have hoped. I've been sort of tossing around the idea for a while now of converting the Westside Run Group to a fitness group so we could get more involvement, but I never really did anything with those thoughts until today.

As I was at the gym this morning sweating away the pounds, I started thinking about this again and ideas started formulating in my head. By 6:45 AM I managed to recruit a boot camp instructor. Later in the morning this website was created along with a new email address and a Facebook group. This afternoon we got lucky enough to snag a Pilates instructor. If I wasn't excited before, I'm VERY excited now! I'm not yet going to reveal who these top notch ladies are, but I'm grateful for their willingness to help out and I look forward to the opportunities for health and fitness that they'll bring to the table.

The details are still in the works, but at this point here is the vision I have for our weekly meetings:

  • One Saturday a month we'll have a boot camp session.
  • One Saturday a month we'll have a Pilates session.
  • Two to three Saturdays a month will be walk/run/bike Saturdays (or whatever else we can come up with).

If the boot camp and Pilates sessions become very popular we may explore the possibilities of doing them more frequently (perhaps with different instructors so that we don't place too much of a burden on the two we have now).

I plan to send out weekly emails letting everyone know what the next Saturday's workout will be and also sharing articles related to fitness and/or nutrition. Feel free to send your favorite articles to the group email if you find one you want to share.

So, this whole thing is still evolving and developing, but that's where it's at right now.

Stay tuned for more!! I hope to have a schedule posted soon so that everyone can see what's coming up.

God is good! Spread the word!

No comments:

Post a Comment